How to Wash Human Hair Extensions
Hair Extensions are handy to have when you need a new look, however, one might feel intimidated when it's time to clean them up. After all, if you've invested on quality human hair extensions, you'd want to take care of it in order to keep it looking good as new. Though cleaning methods may vary depending on the hair type, such as Brazilian hair, lace closure, clip in hair extensions etc. Hair extensions can be cleaned in the following manner:
1. Prepare your tools. You will need shampoo, conditioner, a comb and a soft towel.
2. Once everything is set, you can start by taking your comb and slowly getting rid of the tangles on the hair extensions.
3. Gradually add water to the hair extensions once there are no more tangles. Work in sections.
4. Add a small amount of shampoo and lather. Keep a slow, dabbing motion and refrain from massaging in the shampoo like one would do with regular hair. Rinse thoroughly.
5. Start adding just enough conditioner. Slowly comb through the hair extensions to evenly distribute the conditioner. Rinse thoroughly.
6. Carefully squeeze out excess water, then pat dry with a towel.
7. You may find a suitable place to hang the hair extensions to dry.
During the process, it is best to remember to be gentle when handling the hair extensions. Make sure no tangles are created when applying shampoo and conditioner. Doing so could permanently ruin the quality of your hair extensions.
Though it may be tempting to use a blowdryer after washing, it is best to air dry the hair extensions. Just like natural hair, heat can be damaging for hair extensions. It's safer to let it dry on its own than to rush the drying process.
Another useful tip is to choose a mild shampoo. Keep in mind that hair extensions are not supplied with natural oils that moisturize it like regular hair. Use a low ph shampoo just to be on the safe side.
As to the frequency of washing, it is best to keep it at once a week. This, however, is only on the basis of daily usage of the hair extension. As with our own hair, frequent washing leads to dryness and dry hair may lead to damage.
If you are in any way unsure about washing your hair extensions, it is best to consult your local beautician. If, however, you purchased it from a hair store, most sellers would be glad to answer your questions regarding clean-up. Or you may send an inquiry to Equeena hair store: https://equeenahairstore.com customer service, Equeena hair expert would reply your inquiry within 24 hours. This way, you will not have to worry about accidentally ruining your hair extensions at home.
News for Friday 28 October, 2016